We're looking for the Coolest Thing Made in Idaho - and we need your help!
Idaho’s Manufacturing Month is the perfect time to be celebrating local production. Idaho Commerce reports that manufacturers make up 6% of the state’s total workforce and $7.3 billion of the state’s GDP – producing items in a variety of sectors such as food, electronics, transportation, medical equipment, machining, and more. For every dollar spent in manufacturing – $1.37 is put back into the US Economy. Manufacturers are looking to recruit the next generation of workers. In Idaho, manufacturing jobs pay about 40% higher than other industries, at an average of $78,120 per year. Based on those benefits and the predicted growth, manufacturers provide an abundance of opportunities to potential employees.
We want to hear from YOU about what you think the Coolest Thing Made in Idaho is. While 2020 hasn’t been the year of our dreams, we still want to celebrate Manufacturing Month by hosting the first ever Coolest Thing Made in Idaho Contest. Idaho creates products that residents actually use – and users know when they’ve found a top of the line product – nominations have ended for this year’s contest, so go vote for your favorite product finalist today! The “Coolest Thing” Made in Idaho will be announced on October 30th!
Here are the Rules:
- Nomination is open to the public. All individuals are encouraged to submit their favorite product. There is no limit to the number of products each person may nominate and you may nominate your own product.
- Any item manufactured in Idaho is eligible for the contest. Company headquarters do not have to be located in Idaho.
- This contest is not grouped into product categories. Every product competes against all other submissions, regardless of manufacturing sector.
- If a nomination does not meet the above criteria, it will not be entered into the contest. Due to time constraints, we are not always able to notify nominators of these circumstances. If you fail to see your product on the official ballot and believe it meets the criteria, you may reach out to staff here.
- All companies that receive an eligible nomination will be notified by the Idaho Manufacturing Alliance
- Nominations will be considered from 10/1/2020 – 10/15/2020
- A voter may vote once per day.
- Nominated products will advance through multiple rounds of voting, with the products receiving the highest votes in each round moving to subsequent rounds.
- The number of votes received will be reset at the beginning of each round.
- Voting will occur between 10/21-10/28 with the winners announced on 10/30.
The company that manufactures the winning product will receive:
- The Coolest Thing Made in Idaho trophy
- Coordinated media outreach promoting your win
- An company feature article published on our family of websites (swima.org, idmfg.org, madehereidaho.org), LinkedIn page and partner sites
- Free year of IMA membership (or membership credit for renewals)
- Free booth at our next Made Here! Expo & Job Fair
- 4 Free VIP Reception tickets
- Bragging rights until October 2021!